Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Social, Mobile, Viral, Engaging

Every one of these descriptors has come up today over the course of an average walk- about in the online world. What that says is that every media channel serves a certain purpose, and that marketing success is platform agnostic. One vehicle can't do it all, and one vehicle shouldn't do it all. Advertising is an anthropological study. Its a dissection of consumption patterns, buying behavior, and distraction methodology.

The worst cliche is saying "I work in advertising because I'm a people person, and I like to talk to them." The response should read more like, "I enjoy studying people. Watching them react to visual stimulants and making life changing purchases based on that response. I am an advertiser."

BAM!

No comments:

Post a Comment