Friday, August 29, 2008

Yahoo Blows Ad Targeting Via "Max Payne"

This "Max Payne" trailer is unbelievably cool. I never played the video game and I'm not even that huge a fan of vampire, undead creature movies. But that's not why I'm posting it.

I'm posting it because I watched it twice, and saw two different pre- roll ads. The first was for tampons, the second was for shampoo. Violence and feminine products. This is exactly why advertiser's worry about emerging media formats. Because media planners sometimes just don't think! Or a video network has completely blown their targeting capabilities and may lose a client or two.

Did I say someone, or did I explicitly say Yahoo? I can't remember.

** Of course now that I've embedded the video the ads aren't showing up for me any more. Hopefully it's only because I've watched it a few times already. If you watch the video and no ads appear, you can call me a liar if you'd like. But I swear it happened.



'Max Payne' Theatrical Trailer @ Yahoo! Video

No comments:

Post a Comment