Friday, November 7, 2008

Lionel Richie, DJ AM, Ashton Kutcher...Digicrest?

MySpace Music through a party at The Old Mint last night as part of the week long Web 2.0 Summit going on here in SF.  A top class event from MySpace no doubt, with a fantastic bar selection, gorgeous decor, and of course, entertainment for all.

Lionel Richie started the evening with such classics as "Hello," "Say You, Say Me," and "Three Times A Lady."  Despite his mixing the words "MySpace" in with his usual lyrics, Lionel gave a killer performance and had the place jumping.

I'm a huge DJ AM fan, and followed the plane crash and the events that followed pretty closely, and like many of the attendees last night, questioned whether or not he would show up.  I got that answer when I quite literally ran into DJ AM as I turned a corner into the room where he was to spin later on.  Happy to see him healthy and doing what he does best, I danced my ass off with everyone else as AM killed the room with his classic mixes; Red Hot Chilli Peppers into Oasis, Bob Sinclair into Bob Marley, and so on.

Oh, and Ashton Kutcher was there.  Moving on.

Grainy cell phone photos for your liking...unlike a majority of other attendees, I couldn't manage a digital camera into my outfit that wouldn't get swiped by security guards.






No comments:

Post a Comment