Friday, June 6, 2008

Avoding A Hostile Takeover For Dummies

With both the Microhoo continuing drama, as well as the possible EA Sports- Take Two Interactive takeover/merger, I figured I’d take a few minutes out of my day to both re-explain to myself, and inform others of the modern day deal breakers for massive mergers. At this point, with communications companies constantly evolving their scope of business and acquiring anything and everything in sight, I figured we could all use a good refresher in the tactics used to avoid your old fashioned hostile takeover.

Investopedia, a Forbes company, has a fantastic business dictionary that allows for burgeoning gents like myself to get to the bottom of the active mergers and acquisitions market.

Poison Pill
Suicide Pill

Jonestown Defense
People Pill
Scorched Earth Policy
Put Your Tail Between Your Legs And Run Pill

No comments:

Post a Comment