Thursday, May 22, 2008

Apparently Anyone Under 30 Is A Moron

Anyone who attended “Trading Places!” at iMedia this past week may have picked up the sentiment that the “younger generation” of media folk are lazy and only interested in earning there next free lunch. Being a sub- 30 year old marketing professional, I highly resent the fact that myself and my colleagues are to be written off based on our age and not our talents.

I am not going to sit here and dispute the fact there are groups of media buyers who will pompously move from free lunch to happy hour without even a concern as to the sales reps presentation or their time they are committing. But is writing off a generation of professionals really a positive thing for OUR business? Yes I said OUR business; me and my team are a part of it too. Someone prove to us that we don’t belong….

No comments:

Post a Comment