Monday, July 7, 2008

Sneaker Finds

I know I've been lagging on weekly sneaker picks, so I decided to make this one a bit more personal and find sneaks from my favorite spots around the country.



Dave’s Quality Meat in New York is my absolute favorite shoe store in this country. And since I’ll be in Manhattan in a couple weeks, I figured I’d give them a shout. They teamed up with Nike SB to design some Blazers and Dunks in honor of the upcoming Olympics, where BMX racing will be featured as an event. The gold is in tribute to famous BMX trick rider Woody Itson and his signature 24K Gold Hutch Trickstar bike.



I grew up scrounging through the high stacked piles of fire hazard worthy Sportie LA on Melrose down in Los Angeles, so I figured I’d check in with them and see what limited editions they were working with right now. Yes the NBA season is over, but they are featuring a classic pair of adidas Campus 2s decked out in Laker décor that really touches my gold and purple heart.



As a local San Franciscan, I had to bring up Huf down in Hayes Valley. And since I’ve been having some great laughs at the expense of Stuff White People Like, I figured I’d fulfill the stereotype of #96 and show off these TIER 1 NBJ A22s by New Balance.



*No offense to Undefeated in LA which challenges for the #1 spot, but your site is really bothering me today; the alignment of the content is off, the radio won’t turn down, and it’s a bit too frustrating for me right now.

1 comment:

  1. I've never known how sophisticated tennis shoe/sneaker purchasing has become. Great rant MDE.

    ReplyDelete