Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kanye's 808s & Heartbreak

Since everyone is talking about Kanye's new album, I figured I'd throw my two cents into the conversation...


I like it a lot.  I think in true Kanye style, the melodies and basslines are solid.  But don't they all sound real similar?  Props to Kanye for attempting to sing and throwing an auto tuner over his voice to cover his lack of true voice talent, but the album could have used a bit of a mix-up somewhere along the way.

My main feelings about the album are this; because Kanye won't shut up recently about how he is changing the way music is made, and comparing himself to the Beatles, I question the integrity of the album.  Is Kanye taking his creativity and artistic ability to a new level, or is this album different just for the sake of being different?

Whatever the answer, check out my favorite song, "See You In My Nightmares" featuring Lil' Wayne.


No comments:

Post a Comment